RODRIGO DELGADO SOTO
AMBASSADOR OF THE REPUBLIC OF COSTA RICA
IN THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
- Founding Partner and Consultant in Business Development, International Trade and Investment of Consultora Rimaju S. A., San José, Costa Rica, providing advice to local and foreign companies and government institutions interested in developing new markets for the sale of their products in the Latin American region (2008-2019).
- Founding Partner and Consultant in Marketing, Sales, Business Development, International Trade and Investment of Misoco Trading Inc., Toronto, Canada (1994 – 2008), specialized in the opening of new markets and the promotion of foreign trade for Canadian companies interested in technology transfer, capital goods, finished manufactured products and commodities from and to the Latin American market.
- Director of International Business Development of the Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited, Ottawa, Canada, (2005 – 2008), reporting sales of more than US $ 120 million for the printing of banknotes, passports, high security identity cards with and without microchip, government forms and stationery, as well as electronic lottery systems and the implementation of security systems in migratory access control processes in the Latin American market.
- Director of Sales for the Americas, Royal Canadian Mint, Canada, (2001 – 2005), generating international sales for US $ 285 million through international contracting minting circulation and numismatic coins, as well as the refining and sale of precious metals for different countries in Latin America.
- International Adviser to the Board of Directors of the Universidad Santo Tomás de Chile, (1997 – 2001), forging strategic alliances for mutual cooperation and the transfer of educational packages between Canada and Chile.
- Consultant in International Trade for the Department of Industry, Commerce and Technology (DITT) of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, and Adviser to the Federal Government of Canada during the international meetings of the «Team Canada Trade Missions» to the countries of Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Brazil (1998 – 1999), generating sales of manufactured products and Canadian technology transfer for more than US $ 205 million.
- Managing Director of the Latin America Business Linkage Program Business, funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA -ACDI INC., Industrial Cooperation) and executed by the Association of Manufacturers and Exporters of Canada (CME), (1995 – 1998) , with a result of contracts for technology transfer higher than US $ 342 million.
- Government of Costa Rica, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Minister Counsellor and Consul General of Costa Rica in Canada, Ottawa, Canada, (1990 – 1994).
- International Trade Consultant, Project Development and Feasibility Studies in Empresas D. S. A., San José, Costa Rica, (1975 – 1990).
- Consultant for the International Labour Organization – ILO, for the development of a project that would allow the promotion of SMEs in the North Atlantic region of Costa Rica, (1989 – 1990).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Goicoechea, Guadalupe, Costa Rica, (1989 – 1990).
- Adviser to the Austrian Federal Chamber of Economics in Costa Rica, as Honorary Adviser to the Austrian Trade Adviser in Guatemala, for the development and implementation of specific projects between the Governments of Austria and Costa Rica (1978 – 1981).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Alajuela Racquet Club and Hotel Ixtlan S. A., and member of the Board of Directors and Marketing Director of Construflex S.A. and Royalfaire Tours, New York (1977 – 1983).
- Administrative Manager of Grupo Prevision S. A. during the development of the tourism and commercial projects: Condovac La Costa, El Cipresal, El Pueblo Shopping Center and Quintas La Garita, Costa Rica, (1975 – 1976).
- Analyst of Development Projects and Economic Feasibility Studies of the company Técnica y Desarrollo S. A., San José, Costa Rica (1974 – 1975).
- Head of the Accounting Department and Assistant to the General Manager of the Financiera del First Pennsylvania S. A., San José, Costa Rica, (1972 – 1974).
- Head of the Collections and Accounting Departments of Financiera de América S. A. (Bank of America), San José, Costa Rica, (1970 – 1972).
ACADEMIC DEGREES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER STUDIES
• B.A. Political Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
• Certificate of the Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Costa Rica.
• Economics and Political Science, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
• High School Diploma, graduated as Second Lieutenant at Valley Forge Military Academy, Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS, MEMBERSHIPS AND AWARDS
• «2007 HIGHEST ACHIEVEMENT AWARD», Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited, par excellence in International Sales (2007).
• «CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION», for Professional Achievements in the development of «Professional Sales Skills», Achieve Global, Canada, March 2005.
• «OFFICIAL EXECUTIVE AMBASSADOR», granted by the Department of Industry, Commerce and Technology of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, for the extraordinary contribution in the development of Business, International Relations and Sales in Latin America, (1999).
• «LIFE MEMBER», Carleton University, Alumni Association, Ottawa, Canada.
• «LIFE MEMBER», Valley Forge Military Academy, Alumni Association, Pennsylvania, USA.
• «THE LEGIONNAIRE – SENIOR SUPERLATIVE AWARD», elected the most efficient Cadet of the year 1968, in a voting conducted by the Cadet Corps of Valley Forge Military Academy, Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English, with advanced working knowledge of French and Portuguese.